Now made available in English. First published in 1998 by Editrice Civilta of Brescia, Italy and written by award winning author, Father Luigi Villa, Doctor of Dogmatic Theology.
What is the significance of this book?
• Father Luigi Villa was commissioned by Padre Pio and given a papal mandate from Pope Pius XII to dedicate his life to defend the Catholic Church from the work of Freemasonry – most especially Ecclesiastical Freemasonry.
• Padre Pio warned Father Villa, in their second meeting in 1963, to be brave as Freemasonry had already invaded the Catholic Church and had even "made it into the shoes of the Pope!" The reigning pope of the time was Paul VI.
• Playing the "Devil’s Advocate" (as was once a requirement in the process for beatification),
Father Villa answered the call of Cardinal Ruini, Vicar of the Pope for the city of Rome, who had issued an "Edict," appearing in the diocesan weekly "Roma Sette" on May 13, 1992, which, "invited every single faithful to communicate to us directly … any information" which, in any way, may argue against the reputation of sanctity of the said "Servant of God" by writing this book.
• This book is based on the critical study of thousands of pages of encyclicals, speeches, Conciliar documents, historical journals, commentaries and magazines.
• It was written in order "to transmit, … the "truth", in order to remain faithful to the Faith of Jesus Christ, Our Lord, which is transmitted by His Church, sole "custodian" of the "Depositum Fidei"!
Anne McGinn Cillis, a spiritual daughter of Padre Pio, Franciscan tertiary and author of "Arrivederci, Padre Pio - A Spiritual Daughter Remembers" stated in regards to this book:
"In my opinion, it is perhaps the most important book ever to be written in our time! … It reinforces that the New Mass is "The Great Sacrilege" as written by Father James Wathen."