quarta-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2014

This prayer and affirmation is beautiful: "My Jesus, I love you with all the strength of my soul, and I know that I am infinitely loved by you. Mary, my mother, I love you with all the strength of my soul, and I know that I am unfathomably loved by you. Prayers like this, that are focused on love and positive thoughts and feelings, are very healthy.

You have also posted other interesting articles on God's love.This prayer and affirmation is beautiful: "My Jesus, I love you with all the strength of my soul, and I know that I am infinitely loved by you. Mary, my mother, I love you with all the strength of my soul, and I know that I am unfathomably loved by you.  Repeat three times a day (morning, afternoon and evening), up to the missing of the symptoms."
Prayers like this, that are focused on love and positive thoughts and feelings, are very healthy. It is also important for us to be humble, to remember that we are sinners and need healing and forgiveness, and to make penance, but the still small voice in my heart says it isn't a good idea to always be praying with words and feelings that are negative. God doesn't need us to grovel and berate ourselves. The New Testament shows us that Jesus came to us as a teacher, counselor, healer, and friend, someone who could be hugged, someone to share a meal and a drink.  He did speak critically of arrogance, but he never commanded anyone to grovel. To me, when our prayers constantly emphasize our unworthiness of God's love and our fear of damnation, it is as if we do not really trust that God loves us and forgives us. It is as if we are telling God, "I won't really let You give me the peace Jesus offered because I must keep making war with myself!"