quinta-feira, 13 de agosto de 2015

INTERVIEW WITH MONSIGNOR SCHNEIDER: VATICAN II, COMMUNION IN THE HAND, CRISIS, SSPX


ADELANTE LA FE’S EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MONSIGNOR SCHNEIDER: VATICAN II, COMMUNION IN THE HAND, CRISIS, SSPX
HEADLINES
It is now a proven fact that  a considerable part of those who receive the Holy Communion habitually in hand … have not more the full Catholic faith in the Real Presence
It is an honor and a privilege to be faithful to the Divine truth and to the spiritual and liturgical traditions of our forefathers and of the saints and being therefore marginalized by those who currently occupy administrative power in the Church
There are no weighty reasons in order to deny the clergy and faithful of the SSPX the official canonical recognition
Adelante la Fe has had the chance of interviewing His Excellence Monsignor Athanasius Schneider, one of the most devoted to the defense of Catholic truth andand Traditional Mass among Catholic bishops. We would like to thank Monsignor Schneider for his deference to our website.
Adelante la Fe: As a secretary of Kazakhstan’s Bishops Conference, you took part in the 2005 Synod on the Eucharist. Your presentation centered around your childhood memories about the proper attitude towards Holy Communion, and you gave as an example the case of two priests, blessed Alexis Saritski, who was martyred, and Fr. Janis Pawlowski. What memories does Your Excellence have of your childhood and of the said priests?
Mons. Schneider: About Blessed Alexiy Saritski I have the witness of my parents who knew him personally. My mother told us often: “My children, I have never seen in my life a priest holier than Father Alexiy”. My parents often pointed out these his qualities: He was very meek and understanding, but at the same time taught he the people without compromising the full truth of the law of God. He was dedicated to the salvation of the souls up to the limits of his physical forces (sometimes he hadn’t eaten all the day because he heard continuously confessions). In his homilies Blessed Alexiy often said that we have to conserve the purity of the heart and the fidelity to our Catholic faith. Fr. Janis Pawlowski I knew personally, he was my parish priest in Estonia during four years. It was he who heard my first confession and who gave me the Frist Holy Communion. He celebrated the Holy Mass with such a devotion and reverence that it left in my soul a deep unforgettable impression. All his words and his gestures irradiated holiness. When I for the first time felt in my soul the attraction to the priesthood at the age of twelve, in my memory appeared suddenly the holy face of this priest. He was really a man of God. I received the great grace that I could meet him in Riga (Latvia) after I have not seen him during 27 years. He was already 86 years old, yet he conserved the same fresh and spiritually irradiating face. The three days I spent with him, were for me a kind of spiritual exercises. He helped me to put on the liturgical vestments and served me during my Mass with the simplicity and humility of a little altar boy.read...